Thursday 11 May 2017

ADAPTATION B Reflective Statement

Overall I feel that this project was a rollercoaster of highs and lows. The lows began with my struggle to cope with finding the idea I wanted to take forward and the frustration of not being able to progress with any work until i had found it.
Once I had got past this obstacle things were looking up, I love designing characters and have fun with creating new ideas, the challenge was taking my designs which are typically flat and illustrative and applying them into 3D software. This is what caused the most worry for me, as 3D hasn't always been my favourite thing to do BUT! I have never enjoyed working in Maya as much as I have in this project. As well as gaining confidence in the software I have learnt so much within it too. With the guidance of Alan I have created a rig that within it holds some complexity that has enabled me to bring life to my designs, something I always thought would be hard to do, which it was, but I did it. 
There is a part of me, like Phil said, that is left wanting more, which I know will happen. I want to continue with this character and idea and give it a new lease of life. My plan is to re-design and re-model the character which in turn would help to aid some of the problems that I found in Maya during the last few weeks. 
I am pleased with what I created, I feel my design work and presentation within my 'Making of' is some of the best I have done since the beginning of the course which pleases me because at times I have felt stuck with my 'style' but since gaining the new found confidence in Maya I feel that there is so much more I can now do to create a new animated world that amalgamates 2D and 3D techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment